Friday, July 29, 2011

Working on "the ladder"

A week ago, Jacque and I embarked on a diet based on Michi's Ladder. There are five tiers on the ladder, with food items on the top two touted as being the source of a "perfect diet."

For example, Tier One (dubbed the Pious Tier) foods include mostly fruits and vegetables with protein items such as steamed/broiled fish, fat free cottage cheese, and non-fat milk.

On Tier Two (the Happy Tier) there are, among others, white meat fowl (.e.g chicken and turkey), whole eggs (cooked anyway except fried), low-fat sugar-free yogurt, brown rice, etc.

Tier Five (The Newburg Tier; who Newburg is, I dunno) has stuff (I used to love) such as cakes, pies, cookies, fast food hamburgers, ice cream, creamy salad dressings, sugar, chocolate, etc.

So, for the past week, we've worked on sticking to Tiers 1 & 2.  For me, I've eaten a lot of brown rice, boiled eggs, tuna, and veggies. 

So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment