Thursday, August 4, 2011

An Ode of a Dishwasher

Today is one of those days that I feel like I'm a janitor who cleans up the messes people leave behind.  I wake up, after saying my prayers, and find a sink full of dishes.  Lately, my morning ritual is to wash dishes before I drive Jacque to work.  Then I come home and eat breakfast.

So that day starts with a clean, empty sink and by day's end, the sink is full.  (Almost) invariably.

But there's a reason that I took a job as a janitor in a men's college dorm (@ NAU).  It was to humble myself and to always remember that clean-up work would never be beneath me.

And it certainly isn't.  :-)

I take from Moroni 7:5 which reads:
For I remember the word of God which saith by their works ye shall know them; for if their works be good, then they are good also.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment