Friday, May 20, 2011

Apiki Bakery!

Tomorrow, my(Dayle's) sister Paula is having a yard sale.  She asked if I'd like to make some banana bread to sell at the sale.  Since I enjoy baking and making a few $$ would be welcome, I agreed.

So today is baking day.

At home, I had most of the ingredients needed for the BB except for two critical ones: bananas and sugar.

N. King Street a block ewa of Maunakea Street
So after dropping Jacque off at work, a 7 a.m. stop in Chinatown (see pic above) netted about 15 lbs of over-ripe bananas for $4 and change (over-ripe bananas are sold at virtually give-away prices and are perfect for banana bread) and a subsequent stop at Liliha Foodland netted 10 lbs of sugar and free 5lb box of frozen chicken thighs (Maka'i coupon special of the week).

Arriving back at home after my shopping stops, I commenced baking, using this recipe (I substituted apple sauce for the crushed pineapples).


In a couple of hours, I had baked 33 mini loaves, three for home consumption and the rest for sale at tomorrow's garage sale. 

Now,  I have to make some Snicker Doodles, per a request from Jacque.

 A baking I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment