Saturday, May 21, 2011

For what is a man profited?

The yard sale at my sister's apparently went well.   What I do know is that the sale of the banana bread I baked yesterday went well.  Grossed $65

I did some quick calculations and estimate that the ingredients cost about $15, so that leaves a net of $50.  Not bad for a couple hours of baking.

Yet, I don't think I'll quit my day job.

Attended a priesthood leadership meeting this afternoon at the Stake Center.  A wow! at the meeting was a hymn sung by a quartet of former bishops (Kaopua, Naluai, Chun, and Poliahu).

A memorable line:  "Obedience brings blessings.  Exact obedience brings miracles."

I profited from netted much from this meeting as well.

Jacque worked a 16-hour shift today.  God bless her.   I'll pick her up at 11:30 p.m.

Tomorrow's stake conference.  We'll be singing in the choir.


No comments:

Post a Comment