Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Kaneohe Sabbath

As I do on most Sundays, I am up at 5:30 to get ready to head to church to attend a 6am EQ presidency meeting.  There is much work to be done in the Lord's vineyard, and we Elders have to organize ourselves to complete the work, such as home teaching, service projects, and quorum meetings and lessons . As I drive to church, I hum along to one of my favorite hymns.


After the one-hour meeting, Brother Gene Tamashiro and I set up the chairs and cubicles in the cultural hall, a task we accomplish in about 15 minutes, and then we both head home.

At home around 7:30, I spend an hour preparing notes and a handout for the lesson I have been asked to teach in Elder's quorum.

Now 8:30, I wake up my wife so she can ready for church, but she is not feeling well and will stay at home to rest this morning.  We pray together, then I get ready and am off to church.

There's sacrament meeting at 9, followed by Sunday school from 10:15 to 11, priesthood meetings from 11 to 12 (the lesson I teach on Parable of the Talents goes well), and choir practice from noon to 1. 

Returning home, I find my wife feeling rested and much better than in the ayem.  That is good news.  So I prepare something to eat (turkey a la king) for lunch, which we enjoy.  Then it's nap time.

In the evening, we have shoyu chicken, mixed vegetables, and rice for dinner.  After dinner, we have Family Home Evening. I teach the lesson on Parable of the Talents again, and it too goes well.  During FHE, Jacque gets a phone call:  it's work and they are in dire need of staff, so she accepts the request to go to work.  After FHE, she gets ready and I drive her to QMC to work the night shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment